Jinx

Jinx

Sunday 28 December 2014

The New Summoners Rift Map

So many updates!

So, since it's the game I play the most I figured I would get into League of Legends again as my first post.
There were like a gazillion changes made to everything! 

Let's go...

The look

SR got a major makeover and now it's so pretty! I know a lot of people didn't like the changes made but since they have been implemented not only has my skill increased massively but I also enjoy just being in it.
The last map was messy. The brushes needed a trim, the jungle buffs were a bit boring and everything was as dark as it was miserable.

So what kind of makeover was implemented?
Well not only is the clarity increased and new, more realistic textures implemented but the style overall was changed completely.

Have a look:

Pretty huh!

As you can see in the bottom right the map is now a lot clearer too which makes it easier to call those incoming ganks or take advantage of enemy champion location.


A lot of work went into achieving the desired look. With the previous map being a lot harsher with solid lines, a more natural look was achieved by implementing in more natural 'objects' and using hand painting to create the textures.

As i said earlier, the Jungle buffs were also changed massively in visual respects. 
Here's a complete video covering all of the new changes to SR. It's well worth checking it out.


Final thought?
LOVE IT!
First time I went into the new map I was certain I wanted to witness two things; baron and dragon spawn.
It was a bit weird at first but now I couldn't imagine playing on the old map.
Well played Riot


No comments:

Post a Comment